Hookin2Hockey is a modified version of traditional hockey adapted for junior players on a smaller sized playing area and provides kids an opportunity to get involved in a fun and regular competition. Boys and girls get the opportunity to learn the basic skills of hockey, develop fundamental motor skills and make friends all while beginning their lifelong love of hockey!
Hookin2Hockey plays from 9:00am to 10:00am at Nicholls (Holy Spirit and Gold Creek Primary School) and Pearce (Melrose High School) each Saturday morning, May through to August, from 9am – 10am; with no matches scheduled during school holidays. Our numbers have been growing year on year to now be the biggest Hookin2hockey club in Canberra.
Registration can be found here by selecting your appropriate centre – United North (Nicholls) or United South (Pearce).
We also offer a twighlight Hookin2Hockey program over the summer (Term 1 and Term 4). A great way to spend the daylight saving evenings with the kids. For more information regarding Summer Hookin2Hockey, please contact us via email@example.com
– Girls & Boys 10 years and under
– Introductory program
– Skill based games
– Bonus participant pack upon registration
– Fun and safe environment
– Official program of Hockey Australia
– Our United ‘Rooster’ Hookin2hockey shirt is available for purchase at a cost of $20 at the program.
– Normal running/jogging shoes are perfectly fine on the synthetic field
– United Hookin2Hockey players wear white shorts/skirts and red socks (all not compulsory) but available from the hockey shop at National Hockey centre Lyneham should you wish to purchase
If you have any more questions please email the United Hook in2 Hockey Coordinator here